5 Ways to Master Video Marketing
Video marketing may seem intimidating to the uninitiated, but it’s easier than you might think. In fact, 87 percent of online marketers use video content as part of their digital marketing strategies. Why has video become so popular?
- Seventy-six percent of consumers will share a branded video if they find it entertaining.
- Sixty-five percent of business decision-makers visit a marketer’s website after viewing a branded video, and 39 percent contact the vendor.
- Adding product videos to your landing pages can increase conversions by 80 percent.
Simply put, video marketing works! But how can you make it work for you?
- Consider your audience. What will they find entertaining? How can you provide value? If you’re short on ideas, take a look at the competition. What’s working for them and what isn’t?
- Set goals. What do you want to achieve? What message do you wish to deliver? And how can you do it in a way that helps your brand stand out?
- Include a call to action. Your ultimate goal should be to inspire action from your viewers. Maybe you want them to visit your website or join your email list. Whatever you want them to do, make it very clear.
- Don’t waste time. Attention spans are short these days (8.5 seconds), so you need to hook the viewer quickly and get your point across before they lose interest.
- Vary your approach. Different types of video resonate at different stages of the sales funnel. For example, educational videos work well at the top of the funnel, while demos are more appropriate for leads on the edge of conversion.
The basic concepts behind video marketing aren’t new. It’s just a matter of applying what you already know to a new format. Experiment as you go, and you’ll master the art of video marketing in no time!